With bitemojo on Kieztour off the culinary mainstream
This is how it works
*Use the code, and get a 10% discount on the entire shopping cart BEROX2Y!TF
At subsequent stops, you can hop on and hop off on bitemojo tours.
Alexanderplatz / Park Inn Hotel / Fernsehturm
Alexanderplatz – the Television Tower "Fernsehturm" is the most photographed sight in the City of Berlin
- Red Town Hall "Rotes Rathaus" – seat of the senate and the mayor
- Neptune Fountain "Neptunbrunnen" – formerly in front of the City Palace
- Marien Church – 'Berlin Dance of Death' mural
- Nikolai Quarter – Old Berlin on the Spree!
Colloquially, Alexanderplatz is called simply "Alex" and is a traffic hub in the Berlin district of Mitte. Thanks to the Television Tower "Fernsehturm" it is one of the best-known sights in the city.
On a fine day, the view from the Television Tower "Fernsehturm", from a height of 203 or 207 metres, offers a spectacular panorama of the entire city and is an unforgettable experience! If you have the time and leisure, we recommend Restaurant Sphere in the tower: within each hour the restaurant rotates once around its own axis. Nowhere else will you get such an overview of Berlin, so quickly and yet so leisurely!
Charlottenburg Palace "Schloss Charlottenburg" – Prussian splendour in the middle of the city
- Museum Berggrün – classical modernity
- Scharf-Gerstenberg Collection – Romanticism to Surrealism
- Bröhan Museum – Jugendstil, art deco, functionalism
- Schlossstraße with beer gardens, cafés and restaurants
- Brauhaus Lemke – small craft brewery
Charlottenburg Palace "Schloss Charlottenburg" is surrounded by a unique baroque garden that transitions into a landscape park, enchanting visitors with diverse architecture. The entire ensemble impresses with magnificent salons and ballrooms, imposing hallways and high-quality art collections, such as the largest collection of French 18th century painting outside France.
Museum Berggrün is a private collection of unique works by Pablo Picasso, Paul Klee, Henri Matisse and Alberto Giacometti in the western Stüler building opposite the palace, and it is the most important exhibition space for classical modernity in Berlin.
Prenzlauer Berg / Kollwitzplatz
Prenzlauer Berg – in the midst of a trendy microcosm
- Water Tower – landmark of Prenzlauer Berg
- Rykestraße Synagogue – neo-romanesque basilica
- Jewish cemetery – magical triangle between Schönhauser Allee, Kollwitz- and Knaackstraße
- Konnopke’s Snack Bar – Currywurst according to an old family recipe
- Gethsemane Church – neogothic brick church
The picturesque old buildings have been lovingly restored in this district, so that they are a delight for every eye. Despite the numerous street cafés and restaurants, it is hard to get a table on warm summer evenings. Savoir-vivre is the mantra displayed in Prenzlauer Berg. The sculpture 'Mutterliebe' by Kollwitz on Kollwitzplatz is an ideal symbol for the area, which is dominated by many young mothers. The ecological market on Saturdays has a great location between inviting street cafés and is also very popular with celebrities. The water tower and its surrounding park are idyllic now, but area also monuments to Nazi crimes. During the National Socialist period, the machine house attached to the water tower served as a concentration camp.